Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim[_2_] Speedy Jim[_2_] is offline

Default dryer hums and doesn't spin

173green wrote:
I have a dryer that stop spining. The motor only hummed but don't spin. I
changed the motor #279827 and it still only hums (with or without the belt
attached). with it humming if I spin the blower wheel (without the belt) I
can get the motor to start spin but once I stop it it will not restart
without spining the blower wheel. I do notice that I don't need to push
the start button it will start hummig once I turn the large knob. ant
suggests?

That motor was mentioned on this page:
http://www.applianceaid.com/whirlpool-dryers.html
See if that's any help.

If the Start relay isn't closed, the motor shouldn't
do anything/

Typical Whirlpool diagram he
http://applianceguru.com/hello/201/9...pgasdrysch.jpg

Jim