Posted to alt.home.repair
173green 173green is offline

Default dryer hums and doesn't spin

I have a dryer that stop spining. The motor only hummed but don't spin. I
changed the motor #279827 and it still only hums (with or without the belt
attached). with it humming if I spin the blower wheel (without the belt) I
can get the motor to start spin but once I stop it it will not restart
without spining the blower wheel. I do notice that I don't need to push
the start button it will start hummig once I turn the large knob. ant
suggests?