Posted to alt.home.repair
cavedweller cavedweller is offline

Default Insulating the furnace room

On Jan 11, 2:45*pm, aemeijers wrote:

I keep hearing rumors of a brand with extra-thick foil on the face that
meets fire code as is, as long as you tape the joints with foil tape.
Not sure of the brand (memory is the second thing to go), nor have I
seen it in stores. I have some half-above-grade basement walls where I'd
like to hang a foam curtain from the sill plate, but don't care to
expend the time and money to rock over it. (Especially since I would
have to use the moisture-proof rock.) I have not called the local 'real'
suppliers, but none of the local borgs have it in the racks.

Polyisocyanurate...Dow Thermax