Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
kony kony is offline

Default Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:52:24 -0800, Archimedes' Lever
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 17:00:23 -0500, kony wrote:

He's obviously never done this kind of thing so the hours
are needed to assemble the tools and practice.

You're obviously an idiot.

The person who can do something is the idiot instead of the
one who can't. Keep on telling yourself that if it makes
you happy.

It wouldn't
be especially hard to solder given practice with similar
work,

Multi-layer boards *are* difficult to work with.

No they aren't more difficult when the part is as this is,
soldered into plated holes. Exact same procedure. For
that matter, just about anything with solder exposed is no
different on multi-layer boards, though when something is
connected to a power or ground plane it does take a lot more
heat.

I was actually being conservative with the prior mention of
it being a 20 minute job. It's a 4 minute job, maybe 10 if
the solder sucker didn't get enough out of the holes on the
first try.

Try removing through
hole devices on an 0.092" thick PCB.

It's not a problem, though it's not a 0.092" PCB either.

I can certainly do simple SMD work.
I have both laid down more fresh lead as well as reworked more assemblies
than you probably ever will. I was working on electronic assemblies back
in the seventies. You know... before you were even born, punk.

It's questionable whether your ability at SMD work is as
great as your ego if adding a mere SATA port seems
difficult.

I know more about soldering and connections between metals than you
ever will.

Then at some point you stopped learning.

would be harder to find an incompatible SATA header
than an compatible one, and indeed is a 20 minute job if the
board's not already in a fully assembled system.

Now this 'kony' retard is talking about rework and post fit operations
in an *installed system*, and he claims that *I* don't have any
experience.

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Maybe you're just an idiot then, if you've been trying for
so long and still can't do something simple.