Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Can someone identify this NTSC video (CRT) monitor problem? Is itsimple?

Very common, there are bad capacitors in the vertical deflection
amplifier. There may be a number of these that have to be changed.
They can be easily verified with an ESR meter. To service this, it is
best to have experience in TV service.

Jerry G..

--

On Jan 9, 10:08*am, " wrote:
Hello all.. I have a monitor that allows viewing of the retrace and
overscan periods, so I somewhat fond of it. However, it consistently
displays this symptom:

http://www.bobdbob.com/~deneb/ftp/monitor.jpg

The scan lines are disordered near the top of the image. The display
is usually static, but with certain images, some of the lines jump
around a little. The rest of the image is fine and all the controls
work as expected.

Is there a common cause for this? If so, is it easy to fix, or should
I junk it and focus on remembering the good times?