Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodpeckers?

Tom Kendrick wrote:

A friend used compact disks (CD's) hung on string or monofilament with
some success. Just blank ones that have not been labelled works fine.
Hang them from the drip edge of the roof. When the disks fell down,
the birds came back.

Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that on the part of the shop where they
are attacking under the gable.

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:13:45 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

My shop has become a target for woodpeckers and I'm fighting having them
burrowing holes in the siding. This isn't just a small inconvenience, it
is becoming a major damage issue. Has anybody found something (besides
shooting them -- not wanting to try that method to start) to get rid of
them. My folks found the following: http://www.kabatape.com but it's
mighty spendy. I suppose I could try real electrical fencing to
accomplish the same thing by running the hot and a ground wire in close
proximity.

Any experience or ideas would be welcome.