Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Weisgram[_2_] Jim Weisgram[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for Grizzly G0555 vs G0555X bandsaw comparisons

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:47:50 GMT, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

Has anyone seen an article or anything online comparing these two bandsaws
from Grizzly? I have read reviews of the G0555 in the September 2008 of Wood
but nothing on the G0555X. When you include shipping there is a $210
difference in the price.

I've not seen any comparison. The G0555 was reviewed or mentioned in
several magazines when it came out. The G0555X was included by Fine
Woodworking in a review of comparable bandsaws in 2207. Overall
impression by the reviewer was good.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=29470

From Grizzly's web site you can look at the differences:
http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2009/Main/91
http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2009/Main/92

I have a G0555 and it does a good job for me. The included fence is
not bad but doesn't shine either. I wouldn't mine having the improved
fence in the X model, or the larger table. I am happy with the
horsepower I have on mine.

Jim