Posted to uk.d-i-y
RW[_4_] RW[_4_] is offline

Default Eurolocks - when you have no keys ?

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message g...
We're looking at a repossessed house at the moment, and while the main
external doors have all been changed* and are accessible via key,
there are patio doors for which there are no keys (eurolock profile).

* by some rough arsed b'stard who, it seems, jemmied the doors open
and cut chunks out of the front door to get to one of the upper
latches (breaking several metal locking plates in the process)

Are there any easy ways of replacing these without a locksmith ? -
we'd have access to both sides of the door(s), so if there was
something you could do from the internal side such as removing the
plate around the handle / lock, it shouldn't be an issue.

Failing that, how hard is it to drill the buggers, and do you aim for
anywhere in particular in the lock ?

http://www.trustedtradesmen.com/foru....asp?TID=11526