Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geo[_2_] Geo[_2_] is offline

Default Strange focus error on Oscilloscope Hameg HM1005

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:21:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Did it gradually or suddenly go wrong?

I'm sorry I can't answer that. I haven't used it for a couple of
years...

If you feed in a known accurate ,say, 1V pk-pk 1KHz signal in, does it give
the correct screen indication of 1V, 1KHz with relevant settings ?

I made another 2 photos. Used a HZ 154 probe on the internal CAL.-
outlet. Looks weird to me...

http://www.preamp.org/dinge/hm02.jpg
http://www.preamp.org/dinge/hm03.jpg

Your pictures are showing the retrace (which should be blanked).
The bright spot at the left is where the beam is stationary awaiting the next
trigger edge (this should also be blanked). You can confirm this by free-running
the timebase when the bright spot should disappear.
Your problem is that either the brightness/brilliance control (front panel or
internal preset) is set far too high, or the blanking waveform is missing. The
first cause can also be due to incorrect high voltage supplies and the
out-of-focus reported may be another effect of this.

--
Geo