Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Recommended endmill sharpening jig

On Jan 11, 9:30*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Lacking the money for a Darex or Cuttermaster endmill rig, I'm looking
for low-cost alternatives that work well, but perhaps aren't quite as
"automatic" as the two above.

I'm _halfway_ tempted to build a Cuttermaster clone, liking the action a
bit better than the Darex. *But, MAN! *I haven't got the time right now.

Any Good Ideas?

LLoyd

This surface grinder fixture works well enough for me:
http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/T...98039281271986

It only sharpens the end and renews the tips, so I try to minimize
side cutting and plunge to rough out most of a slot, or take shallow
cuts for a step. It will bevel the corners which allows side cutting
to the depth of the bevel.

Jim Wilkins