Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Rural broadband speeds

Peter Scott wrote:
This is not OT. Comms is a DIY matter when, like me, you are trying to
improve lamentable speed by filters, wiring etc. The government has
proposed three levels of improvement to the broadband system. Only one
level would help in rural areas. Up to now I have been resigned to
poor speeds. Now that urban speeds are set to rocket, services will
change to use them and soon rural users will be right out in the
cold. Wouldn't be so bad if I paid a lot less!

I have written to Ofcom and attach the text below. Is anyone else
interested in offering an opinion to Ofcom?

Text of letter...

"I live in the country and have very poor broadband speed, at around
750 kbit/s....

That's perfectly usable. I think you need a sense of proportion towards
public investment priorities.