Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default TV Mounting onto plasterboard walls ?

John Rumm wrote:

I would have thought that sleeve anchors[1] would be fine for a load
like that. Its probably quite close to the wall, so most of the load
will be in shear anyway.

[1] Like:-

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/23896/...-10-Pack-of-20

I'd agree that this type of fixing should be fine. We have a couple of HiFi
speakers about 8Kg each. They're on wall brackets each held up by a couple
of this type of fixings on the sane sort of plasterboard and never had any
problem over a good many years. The centre of gravity would be quite a bit
further forward than the TV would be too.

Being a cheapskate, I use http://www.screwfix.com/prods/12229.at less than
half the price,

--
Mike Clarke