Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default DPS Heatbanks - anyone had problems with them?

On 9 Jan, 12:32, wrote:
What sizes/spec did you go for?

CFC500-210-BBAFA-BEAZD-H (stick this into their online System
Designer).

Also the one I (was) looking at had a 2 channel timer/controller on it
(like in traditional CH setup - 1 ch for CH 1 for HW) - with a
heatbank does the HW channel actually have a purpose ? as I expected
that HW would be on demand 24/7??

I've got the store connected to a solar panel so it makes no sense for
the HW to be on all the time. I use the HW channel to top up the tank
at the end of the day to compensate for days with poor solar gains.
Likewise, during winter when my woodburner's back boiler is in
operation, the HW channel heats up the tank in the monring, ready for
showers etc, before I've got the wood burner going.

dan.

so what do you use the other "CH" channel for ?
(sorry! I don''t yet appear to be able to get my loaf around why one
would need two channels to call heat to a heatbank! :))

cheers
jim