Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Bathroom switch - via relay?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Pete Verdon d
writes:
Hi,

Currently, my bathroom has a fan which switches along with the light
and stays on on a timer afterwards. Most of the time, this is
unnecessary - if I fill up a glass of water before going to bed I
don't need a fan waking up everyone else in the house.

As part of my bathroom refit, I'm planning to disconnect the fan
totally from the lighting, and instead switch it via a flow switch
on the shower supply. I also want a manual button strategically
positioned next to the toilet flush :-). This would be a momentary
switch so that the fan starts and then runs-on on the timer.

What about a flow switch on the toilet cistern supply?

I'm also picturing a momentary action pullcord switch with the
end tied around the flush handle, and you could always operate
it early should something rather iffy happen;-) Probably all
rather too Heath-Robinson, but a plain momentary action pullcord
switch remains a possibility (they usually come with a long red
pullcord, as they're used for alarm callers).

I am tempted to put a level sensor in the cistern, so it is activated only
when the toilet is full flushed, not the short flush!

Toby...