Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alang Alang is offline

Default LED Torch @ Morrisons

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:48:41 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

Alang wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:01:43 +0000, Bruce wrote:

Alang wrote:
Bruce wrote:
They also provide glare that comes straight back in your eyes!
Can't say I ever noticed that when I had one clipped to my safety
helmet for a lot of years.

Funnily enough, I wore one on my safety helmet when working underground,
and I was well and truly fed up of the glare that resulted. The answer
was to take the light off my helmet and shine it on what I was looking
at, but from an oblique angle. Result: no glare.

Never had any glare. Sometimes had reflected light
But your mileage may vary (and obviously does!).

Still only have two arms

Perhaps the light needs to be on a flexible antenna

Miner' s lamps had a main beam and dipped. I used the dipped for
working. Never had any problems