Posted to alt.home.repair
1D10T[_2_] 1D10T[_2_] is offline

Default Storing Construction Lumber

wrote in message
On Jan 10, 6:58?pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jan 10, 6:45?pm, "J.A.Michel" wrote:

I picked up about 40 2x4's on sale today. ?The intent is to use them to
finish my basement at some point in the future. ?They were too good of a
deal to pass up, but I won't finishing my basement for some time to
come.

So I intend to just stack them and store them in the basement. ?Is there
anything special I should do like set them on cleats or strap the stack
prevent warping? ?The basement is clean, dry and heated / cooled.

Yep, exactly. ?Set them up on some wood blocks so the bottom boards
are dead flat. ?It's probably not necessary to sticker them if they're
already dry and the basement is conditioned. ?Strapping them isn't a
bad idea - ratchet tie-downs would be nice, or you could weight down
the top with concrete block.

they will dry futher in your basement, and likely warp.

on a good note they will make excellent fire wood...........

NOT! Pine, spruce, and other soft woods are full of tars and gums that could
potentially cause a chimney fire.