Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default pictures of my stuff

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:33:48 -0600, wrote
(in message ):

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:20:05 -0600, tom koehler
wrote:

I have 15 pictures at flickr. Much of it is turning projects, some it old
stuff. I am not a great turner, but I have enjoyed every thing that I have
ever kept out of the fireplace. Some of it is turning. Some of it is not.

I included the current molding project, because I promised SWMBO to get
that
project done, before doing much more playing. She did say that I can
certainly continue making a mess with my lathe, as long as the bathroom
project gets done kinda soonish.

here it is

www.flickr.com/photos/55616gandy/

In theory, it is set up so anyone can see it.

tom koehler

(a gandy is a railroad track laborer - they still pound spikes by hand and
dig lots of holes by hand and eat their lunches in the dirt, and swear a
lot
- I'm retired from that, now)

Nice stuff there Tom, thanks for sharing.

Lenny

Thank you.

FWIW, I have found that my method of reproducing the old molding works, but
not the way I'd wanted. The cutter rides up and down, according to the harder
and softer areas in the woodgrain, so the molding has a very uneven surface.
Will have to rethink this specific project and come up with a better molding
plane. It'll happen, just not sure when, now.
tom k.

--
I will find a way or make one.