Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Iron Harvesting.....

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:32:49 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I punched the numbers and, if Switzerland were included, it's 9 trillion
tons of explosives. I think somebody sneezed when they were placing the
decimal point. g

I thought Switzerland was neutral?

It was. I wasn't about to do that much arithmetic to check on a Wikipedia
listing. d8-)

Someone today was telling me 1/3 of the bombs we
dropped didn't detonate. I have to think we would have fixed that
problem
at some point
during the war.

What problem? Drop more bombs, shoot more shells. Let the devil take the
hindmost, and stay the hell out of there after the war.

This may be why the Brits think that France is toxic.

Nah. France is toxic because it's full of frenchmen :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

I saw an approximate Mark Twain quote that you'll appreciate, although the
coin it mentions is out of date, in which he refers to "that mixture in his
voice of awe and reverence and lust which burns in a Frenchman's eye when it
falls on another man's centime."

Ribbit. g

--
Ed Huntress