Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Radiant heat in the ceiling vs the floor

On Jan 10, 10:56*am, Van Chocstraw
wrote:

Heat does not radiate down. That is a ridiculous notion. Only a retard
would put it in the ceiling.

Gee whiz. We were wondering how the heat from a radiant heat lamp
mounted, say, above a bathtub could warn the person standing below it,
guess we were wrong? And those radiant ceiling heaters seen in some
retail stores don't work, eh? Even though one can 'feel' the heat from
them beaming down.

Also does the radiant heat form the sun; travels up, down, sideways
horizontally vertically, at an angle .................. oh forget it
Van! You must just be 'having us on' i.e. joking! :-)

And the old chestnut; 'How does radiation (in form of heat/light)
travel through a virtual vacuum from sun to earth?

BTW an acquaintance left his 500 watt halogen lamp pointing downwards
where it happened to heat up, rather severely, the black rubber
surface of a spare tyre! So radiant heat does travel 'down'!