Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Dunsley/Baker neutraliser

On 10 Jan, 11:40, Tim Lamb wrote:
Does anyone have practical experience of fitting one.

I have been trepidating over ordering a log burner with CH boiler
basically because I suspect the coil on my existing hot tank is too low
for either version of the neutraliser to work under gravity alone.

Raising the tank is not very practical as it would then bulge into the
loft. A second hot tank could be installed but with what benefit?

As a sideways step I have ordered a log burner which can have a CH
boiler retro-fitted while I seek counsel:-)

regards
--
Tim Lamb

Hi Tim
I fitted one some 15+ years ago. It's a challenge plumbingwise if
you've got only a small space; a plumber doing it would take in a long
suck of air and warm up his calculator. May well be easier with
modern plastic pipes.

My ceiling height is nominally 9ft and I've got the tank on a frame
such that it's base is 6.5ft above the floor and it just pokes through
the attic floor (with a cupboard above for wine making and the CH
header on top of that!). I'm not sure quite what counts as the head
above the stove but the bottom of the saddle tank is about 10" above
floor level.

Does that help - by all means come back with any questions.

Rob