Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Question about generator interties

ransley wrote:

-snip-
Transfer Switch. Look for prewired complete kits. Generac has a kit
prewired anybody that has no fear of working in a panel can install,
it has labeled wires its prewired, 6 -15a circuits-2 watt meters to
balance the gen. It can power one 240v circuit and 4- 120v or 6 120v.
It comes with exterior cable to gen, exterior weather box and outlet,
several big plugs for different gens. I got it free at lowes with a
5500w generac. Its about 2-300 retail. There are other makes, just get
a complete kit its alot cheaper. If the kit was bought by part singly,
it might be 400+. Lowes has at times had specials where its free with
a gen.

Here's one for $200.
http://www.apelectric.com/ProductDet...uctCode=20216V

Can't vouch for AP Electric yet as I haven't gotten around to ordering
mine-- Note that one is only 20amp- there is a 30 amp one on the
site-- and lots of bigger/smaller ones.

Jim