Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rural broadband speeds

Bruce wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
It costs more to give you any sort of communications..
think yourself lucky we are subsidising you.

So by this you grow/raise all your own food?

Britain now imports approximately 90% of its food needs, so I don't
think we need to be going cap in hand to our farmers.

IIRC its about 505 actualy of all its food..as far as food NEEDS go,
well that's a different matter.

The idea that rural areas subsidise the cities (in any way, shape or
form) is just laughable!

And just where do you think the sewage goes -where the trees that make
the oxygen are? Where the water you drink come from?

cities think they are islands: they are not. They import nice stuff an
produce ****. Millions of tons of it every day. That **** has to be
dealt with, mainly by spreading it over he countryside after getting rid
of the worst..

The country can do without cities, but the cities cant do without the
country.