Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about generator interties

I *think* that's the correct term, but I'm not sure; it's the gizmo one
would put between a small generator, your house and the utility
connection, to cut in the generator and take you "off the grid" in case
of a power outage.

Yes, I tried a Google search but didn't find anything useful. Have a
customer who's asking about this. In fact, they mentioned the dreaded
male-to-male plug that was ridiculed here not long ago. Thankfully I've
talked them out of using *that*. (At least they knew that you've gotta
disconnect from the utility lines if you connect a genset to your house.)

I'd like something basic, not too fancy, but smart enough to handle the
whole connect/disconnect routine safely in case of an emergency. Say in
the 5-10 KW range.

- Paulo Freire