Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Rate your DTV converter

Douglas Johnson wrote:

What is very interesting to me is that the maps (at least for the Dallas-Fort
Worth area) shows the coverage areas increasing for the most part and the
station power decreasing by 5 to 10 x

I'm not an RF engineer, but I do recall reading that there isn't a 1 to 1
correspondence between power levels between VHF and UHF. It's possible that your
stations are going from VHF to UHF (or vice versa), or that the new towers are
higher than the old ones. Also possible that the stations themselves decided
that their official coverage area didn't require as strong a signal.