Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
George George is offline

Default It's official, coupons ran out: was The year we lose ourTV signals

Cheri wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Cheri" wrote:

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
Poor people don't get the luxuries that everyone else enjoys. If they
are that poor, they should be used to it. At the worst, they will
only
have to do without TV for a couple of years, until used converter
boxes

Read in the paper today that PE Obama is going to ask them to change
the law
so it doesn't go into effect on Feb. 17th because of the coupon
shortage,
and I'm betting they'll do just that.

Cheri

"In a letter Thursday to key members of Congress, John Podesta,
co-chairman of Obama's presidential transition team, ... cited troubles
with the converter box coupon program as well as *inadequate efforts to
educate the public about the switch,* and the need to help elderly, poor
and rural Americans prepare for it."

Inadequate efforts to educate the public? Is he joking?

Yes, I would certainly agree that "inadequate efforts" is just
laughable. I really don't think a bigger effort is at all possible,
unless they go to these "fictitious homes filled with people who haven't
heard" and hook it up for them. :-)

Cheri

Naw, Obama is so incredibly powerful that he is simply going to will
that existing TV circuitry rearrange itself so that the converter boxes
aren't even required...