Posted to rec.woodworking
coloradotrout coloradotrout is offline

Default Jet Xacta fence pads too thick

On Jan 4, 8:33*pm, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
"coloradotrout" wrote in message
news:94ccd6db-ae41-4939-8bc5-fadacf989__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i ...
On Jan 4, 6:47 pm, "Bob S." wrote:
"coloradotrout" wrote in message

With the screws backed all the way out, I cannot get the pads into
place. *The pad thickness is greater than the space between the metal
(that pads attach to) and the fence rail. *I can slide the pads in
about 1/2 way, but if I glued then on, I could never get the fence
onto the rail (which is partly why they got knocked off this time,
though they never would have remained in place).

The pads are probably closer to 3/32nds thick.

One other thought... are you lifting the lock down handle completely up as
you try to place the fence on the rail? I just looked at my Jet cabinet saw
with Xacta fence and the gap opens up about 1/16" more with the cam
completely off the locking bar than when the cam is laying against the
locking bar while the handle is in the loose position. That sentence reads
terribly! LOL

John

John,

My cam has little travel from the handle-up to handle-loose position.
From loose to lock it's about 1/16". I maybe need to state that a bit
differently. From the handle perpendicular to the fence (sticking
straight up) to the handle in-line with the fence (sticking straight
back), there is almost no travel in the cam. All the travel comes
from in-line to the down lock position. And total cam travel is 1/16".