Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default H3 collets

On 2009-01-09, Bob Gentry wrote:
On 9 Jan 2009 06:39:48 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
On 2009-01-08, Bob Gentry wrote:

[ ... ]

Hello Don. My Logan #922, 11inch Q.C., takes 5C collets very nicely.

Great! So does my 12x24" Clausing.

Sure are a handy chucking method.

Absolutely agreed -- especially with a lever style closer, which
mine has.

Envy is such an ugly emotion grin. Mine is the 'twist to tighten'.
Not nearly as quick, but works. Sure beats setting things up in the
4jaw.

Well ... I'll bet that *your* lathe came with a tailstock. I
had to hunt one down that fit. (Granted, what it *did* come with is
very useful for some things -- but still a tailstock is quite useful for
general working. (What it did come with was a bed turret.)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564