Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT -- Let Detroit Build Profitable Cars -- UAW chief Ron Gettelfinger doesn't seem to get the picture. Let's help him

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/business/06auto.html

You didn't answer the question. If most adults own a car and most of them
are tax payers,
how is it that tax payers are subsidizing tax payers that own cars?

By giving money directly to the auto industry and skipping right over the
buying cars part.

I didn't find that in the link you included. It is common to give tax abatements to any
industry to get it to locate in a state, county or city.

Now since we are talking about car owners, people that pay federal gas taxes, how about we
talk about auto owners subsidizing mass transit via federal gas taxes. Then there are
these idiotic beatification programs putting in street lights in nowhereville when fixing
a bridge would be a more proper use.

You can't just single out auto owners and ignore every other tax and support out there. By
your standard, we are subsidizing people that eat since we have a farm bill with price
supports each year.

Wes