Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Scott Peter Scott is offline

Default Rural broadband speeds

Mark wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:59:10 +0000, Peter Scott
wrote:

"Doing a speed test today set me thinking about what should be done. The
speed I get is just about acceptable for the uses to which I put the
Internet. I won't be able to use any of the new services, but I am
resigned to that. However what really annoys me is that I pay exactly
the same as people who get 4 Mbit/s or better.

Why not get a 512K or 1M product? Then you won't be paying the same
as people who get 4-8M.

Yes I thought about that. There seem to be very few 1Mb offerings and
these are at the same price as my 'up to 8'. Unless you know better...