Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Radiant heat in the ceiling vs the floor

In article , Bert Hyman wrote:
In

Richard Fangnail wrote:

What are the pros and cons of having radiant heat in your ceiling? My
apt. building has it in the ceiling and I'm not sure how well it
works. I was looking through webpages and the radiant heat systems
were all in the floors.

Unless there some mechanism for moving the air around in your rooms, you
won't get as much benefit from heat in the ceiling as in the floor. In a
multi-story building, you'll probably be heating your upstairs
neighbor's place more than your own.

My old office had a radiant panel in the ceiling and I found the heating
effect on the top of my head to be downright creepy.

The secret to apt, condo living, if you have individule heat sources and are paying for it,
is to keep your apt. at a lower temp than our neighbor. They will heat you apt. for pennies on your bill.

greg