Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default FCC Coverage Maps - was Rate your DTV converter

"Ann" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 16:57:36 +0000, Jack Hunt wrote:

Would you believe, I still have a pulse-tone phone line. g When I moved
here, the telco was charging 3X what my previous telco had, which I
thought was a rip. Even small expenses like that can really add up over
time.

Have you tried switching your phone to tone to see if it will dial ? Years
ago my phone company was charging extra for a tone phone line. After a few
years I found out it did not make any differance what you used in your
house. Either kind would work.
Switched all of my phones to tone. Several years later the phone company
quit the surcharge for the tones (or they may just have raided the rates, I
forgot what).