Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
SMS SMS is offline

Default FCC Coverage Maps - was Rate your DTV converter

Ann wrote:
These maps show the both the individual stations' analog coverage areas
and new DTV coverage areas. For example three fringe VHS stations I
now receive have cut their coverage areas (and changed the pattern) -
which explains why I don't/won't receive their UHF digital signal.

Interesting that in many cases the analog and digital outlined areas are
pretty much equal but that there are still a lot of areas that will lose
coverage. I.e. in my area, KRON 4 is going to lose (almost completely)
four large counties (Marin, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Sonoma) and pick
up Solano county, even though their transmitter isn't moving, and even
though the outline of coverages are about the same.