Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Jack Hunt Jack Hunt is offline

Default FCC Coverage Maps - was Rate your DTV converter

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 11:19:04 -0500, Ann wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 08:43:35 -0700, Robert Neville wrote:

Ann wrote:

My mistake... Still, the stations located in smaller cities should be
found inside one of the larger market area PDFs.

They are.

I had no problem finding the various transmitters that serve my area - some I
didn't even know about. I've been "on the wire" for over 20 years but if I can
find a suitable antenna this evening, that's going to change.

I had Comcast cable for years. They kept promising cable internet and the
excuse they're giving today is the same one they were giving 14 years ago "We're
working on installing digital lines, they're already in the next town. Check
back later." They kept adding channels that nobody wanted and upping the rates
so I switched to Dish Network. They have hundreds of channels that nobody wants
but they rarely raise the rates.

I probably don't watch 5 hours of programming a week so it's absurd to pay for
it. I'm paying for three dish boxes and I don't watch any of them. I can't
name any current sitcoms or shows. When they talk about celebrities, I usually
don't know who they're talking about or why I should be impressed. I need about
an hour of news and weather and some Leno or Letterman, and that's about it.

My job is just about in the toilet and the company is teetering on bankruptcy,
so this is the first step in cutting cost around here. Landline phone will
probably be next.

--
Jack