Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Gentry Bob Gentry is offline

Default H3 collets

On 9 Jan 2009 06:39:48 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2009-01-08, Bob Gentry wrote:
On 8 Jan 2009 05:09:29 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

However -- if it is truly an "H 3", I would be interested in
hearing more about its dimensions. Without those, no bets. I would
guess that the 13x30 would handle 5C collets, and maybe even the 11"
Logan (depends on which one I think, and Scott Logan could tell you
that.

[ ... ]

Hello Don. My Logan #922, 11inch Q.C., takes 5C collets very nicely.

Great! So does my 12x24" Clausing.

Sure are a handy chucking method.

Absolutely agreed -- especially with a lever style closer, which
mine has.

Envy is such an ugly emotion grin. Mine is the 'twist to tighten'.
Not nearly as quick, but works. Sure beats setting things up in the
4jaw.
Regards, Bob
rgentry at oz dot net