Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rural broadband speeds

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 11:41:51 +0000, Peter Scott wrote:

If BT were to do the cabling then they would use their own poles of
course and they are already there in most places.

But you'd need to provide the arms and legs of all your customers to pay
for it. Anyway I don't think BT would do it. If they are going to fibre an
area why do it for some one else when they could do it for themselves and
get the income from that work.

You do it, own the network and sell capacity to content providers.

I am encouraged that you think there will be money for community
enterprises.

I don't think I know there is money available. What I think is that there
is going to be even more money available in the not too distant future.

--
Cheers
Dave.