Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rural broadband speeds

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:55:54 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson wrote:

And one p2p'er will kill the lot.

Yep, when we put our network in there was no bandwidth or useage limit.
One or two people then started to hog the bandwidth and effectively
denying everyone else access to the internet. We had to introduce a scale
of tarrifs with different bandwidth limits, still true unlimited useage
though.

The longest wi-fi link we ran was 6.5 miles ...

We have several backbone links of that length and a couple considerably
longer. 24" dishes each end for the long hops, yagis in tubes for shorter
ones.

--
Cheers
Dave.