Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default lightswitch with neons: does it exist?

wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 17:24:16 +0000, Stephen wrote:

I want to switch two lights that are outdoors. Because they are remote
from the switch I would like a neon on the switch to remind me the
light is on.

Doesn't the position of the toggle tell you that?

If that's good enough, there are switches with a red patch that
becomes visible when in the on position.

NT

Don't they usually light up in the "off" position. Usually the neon is wired
across the switch contacts - otherwise a neutral is needed.