Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Jimw Jimw is offline

Default Rate your DTV converter

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 07:00:41 -0800, Larry Caldwell
wrote:

In article ,
(Jimw) says...

So, in reality, I could saw off the LARGE end of my VHF-UHF antenna
and just use the end with the small beams..... Right?
(Not that I intend to do this, just asking).

Only about half of the VHF band is being repurposed. Some stations will
continue to transmit a VHF digital signal.

Well, this brings up a question I have had for awhile. WILL FM RADIO
BE ELIMINATED NEXT? The reason is that FM radio is in the VHF band,
right below (or is it above) TV Channel 6. I know this for fact,
because when I was a kid, I lived in a city that had channel 6 tv.
The sound from channel 6 tv could be listened to on the very bottom
most position on the fm radio dial. (which is about 88 mhz). I
remember a few times I'd have to go somewhere and would listen to
whatever tv program I was watching on a portable or car radio.
So, since the govt. wants the VHF band to sell to the cellphone
companies, will they next get rid of FM radio?

Jim