Tom Kendrick

Default Electric Heater

"Denver Woody" wrote in message ...
So after belly-aching about the different types of natural gas heating . . .
I got the BRH-562 5600W/19000Btu unit that wound up costing $145 (including
shipping). . .

I do have one question (other than a request for a general analysis of
thoughts above), and that is what are the safety considerations of a
forced-air electric portable heater. The manual in the first link above
does mention about allowing it to operate in dusty environments, but I have
no experience with this type of heater. Any thoughts?

I suggest that the dust warning related to accumulation in the
heater which would reduce proper heat transfer - resulting in
overheating the element. The forced-air is probably only somewhat
forceful, so the unit should probably be blown out with compressed air
periodically.
The insulating dust would also reduce the heating efficiency, so if
the unit does not suffer meltdown, longer runtimes would increase the
cost of operation.
No mention was made of a thermostat - is one available?

The propane or fuel-oil construction heaters have a more forceful
circulation due to the combustion which occurs in addition to the fan.