Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Two-cycle oil in four-cycle snowblower! Help ...

On Jan 7, 10:43*pm, wrote:
I have a Craftsman Snow Thrower (247.88190) and I have an unfortunate
problem. My son put replaced the oil with oil for my leaf blower. He
put four 3.2 ounce bottles of Craftsman Professional Synthetic Blend 2-
Cycle Engine Oil w/ fuel stabilizer (#71-36560) instead of the correct
4-cycle oil I normally use. Luckily he didn't mix it with gas and he
didn't start it up (as he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't show up
on the dip stick!). So at present I've got the blower propped up a bit
and I'm draining that oil out. I'm going to let it drain all night.
But are there any other precautions I should take before filling it up
with the correct oil? The amount he added (12-13 oz) just barely
showed up on the dip stick. Any advice would be much appreciated as I
really like this blower and want to nurse it back to machine health as
smoothly as possible. Thanks in advance.

It will be ok it was a good quality oil, when I was 7 or 8 I used
cooking oil, mower lasted another 10 years. You drained it dont worry.
Running some oil is the gas woth hurt either if its like 200-1.
Actualy I start equipment sitting a long time on a cup of 2 stroke
gas, when it takes 20-30 seconds to hear it get oil and quiet down you
know its being ruined.