Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Moisture-proofing crawlspaces

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Anyone here with experience making a crawlspace moisture-resistant (with
plastic membranes or other means)?

Please read the question carefully before answering. Not looking for
speculation or even helpful links to things I can find myself on the web.
Looking for personal experience. (Funny anecdotes accepted as well.)

Only a funny 'what not to do'. Mom was about to buy a house (we flipped
houses for a living but it didnt have that name back in the 60's/70's). To
attempt to seal this particular house, they'd tried to lay down plywood on
the dirt then paint the heck out of it with water proofing paint.

Yup, you got it. Wet rotted termite heaven. We didnt even bother to look
closer, just noted a huge termite infestation obvious to the eyes and walked
off laughing.