Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default Rate your DTV converter

On Jan 8, 10:21�am, dpb wrote:
On Jan 8, 8:10 am, Don Bruder wrote:
... In theory (once again...) raising an antenna any amount is helpful. But
in practice, there's a "minimum increase" number (Which I can't remember
for certain without looking it up - I'm wanting to say it's 10-12 feet)
below which the change doesn't give any significant payoff for the
effort.

Excepting, of course, for the case were raising it clears an
obstruction or echo path or similar physical change as opposed to
simply elevation above clear, flat ground.

--

the lower elevation may be better, or worse.

Radio signals are like waves in a pond, drop a couple rocks in, ever
notice where some waves get larger and others smaller and sometimes
disappear altogether.

as to the ham radio antenna for tv viewing.

it can work if the antenna happens to be a multiple of the desired
frequency.

this is part of how multi band antennas are designed