Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Rate your DTV converter

On Jan 8, 8:04 am, ransley wrote:
On Jan 7, 10:19 pm, Robert Neville wrote:

ransley wrote:
The reviews I read by a store address the issue that some work better
in reception, and give ratings.

Most of the stations are currently broadcasting their digital signals on
temporary UHF frequencies. UHF has poorer performance than VHF. After the
switchover, many stations will use their VHF analog frequencies for their
digital channels, potentially improving their signal coverage.

Bottom line is that you can't judge your converter box performance by what you
see today.

From several reviews there seems to be 4 catagories from poor to very
good covering several areas, do you believe they are equal or the
present reviews wrong in what you will get. From my take on it online
is where the better box is, and price is a reason, it is a fact
WalMart demands low prices from supliers.

Which reviews and where did you read that actually reviewed anything
that one could relate to such issues as S:N, input sensitivity, noise,
etc., that have direct correlation to signal pickup? All I've seen is
stuff that is peripherally related at best ("slightly fewer pixel
dropouts") while concentrating on peripheral issues like setup and
convenience of program content.