Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default Rate your DTV converter

In article ,
(Jimw) says...
By the way, are there any decent antenna amplifiers for DTV, or does a
person just use the standard UHF VHF amps they always sold? I know I
can not raise my antenna any more or the mast will bend in high winds,
and towers are way beyond my budget.

The same old signal amps will work fine for digital. If you aren't
running a mast mount antenna and RG6 coax, that is probably your signal
problem. UHF is higher frequency than VHF, and there is quite a bit of
loss in coax, particularly cheap coax. The old twin lead is even worse.

Mast mount amplifiers are the best, but more work to install. If you
use an inline amplifier, mount it as close to the antenna as possible,
and before any splitters.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.