Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mkaras[_2_] mkaras[_2_] is offline

Default Belkin UPS Repair

mkaras wrote:
I have several Belkin Model F6C120-UNV UPS units in need of repair.

Thanks folks for the replies. I disassembled one of the UPS units (a
unit in service since 2004 or so that failed about 4 months ago).
Inside it looks clean except the batteries are completely dead. If
particular interest is bulging of the sides of the battery cases. I'll
try getting two of units of these 12V/7.5AH sealed batteries (appears
like a bog standard type of battery) and see how that works.

I want to watch battery cost even though these things were about $180
US when new. A quick look seems that locally at Batteries Plus the
replacements are about $33 US each for the "Werker" brand. Mouser web
site shows an equivalent Panasonic unit at $39 US each but then there
is shipping on top that.

- mkaras