Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Laptop LCD

John wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 20:24:41 +0000, Adrian C
wrote:

John wrote:

I'm new to repairs. The laptop is really old and not worth that much
so I don't care if it doesn't work and I don't want to take it to a
repair shop.

Stop! Get the service manual. What is the make and model?

It's a Dell LS.

Dell Lattiude LS what? Mever mind, hope you found the troubleshooting
section of the manual and followed the cautions.

I tried to install the ribbon and my screen is still just white.

I can hear the laptop boot up normally though.

Does not sound good that. You sure you haven't whacked the brightness on
full, or switched video output to an external monitor, or jammed the lid
switch? or used the cable for the wrong type screen or something?

--
Adrian C