Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Specs for Harris electronic flash chip?

On 03 Jan 2009 09:11:33 -0500, (Samuel M.
Goldwasser) put finger to keyboard and composed:

I might have asked about this a couple years ago here goes again:

Does anyone have specifications or has determined a pinout for
the Harris 988754 IC, the micro strobe brain from electronics goldmine?

Is this it?
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co...?number=G4584A

At one point, I had gotten it to do something but never actually work
properly, and blew up at least one of them in the process.

Thanks!

Try searching for "photoflash charger" he
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/sear...=default &p=1

I didn't see any Intersil or Harris parts, but here is one datasheet
for an 8-pin part that includes an application circuit:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/data...SA00513693.pdf

It may give you some clues as to pinout and function.

Have you tried tracing the circuit?

- Franc Zabkar