Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default What is it? Set 266

On 2009-01-08, Rob H. wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted to the site:

http://55tools.blogspot.com/

1507) At a guess, it is a coin collection box for early trolley cars
or buses. The driver/conductor could lift it out and carry it
to the office for official counting, and I'll bet that it has a
mechanical counter inside.

I do wonder how it was opened to remove the coins.

And the coin slot and plunger look as though they came from game
machines -- pinball or the like.

1508) Wine bottle opener. You stick the needle through the cork,
then pump the handle to build up pressure in the bottle to force
the cork out.

1509) Looks like a primitive relative to a Johnson bar for moving
heavy machine tools.

Maybe for moving a railroad car an inch at a time?

1510) At a guess, it is to clamp on the hooves of horses to keep
them from sinking in overly soft ground or mud.

It does look potentially painful, however.

1511) Looks like a primitive speed loader, for loading all six
cartridges into a revolver cylinder at once.

The spring in the center of the back puzzles me a bit, however.

1512) Clamps on round rod, or perhaps on an overlap of two wire
cables to form an eye.

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564