Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default 208 3PH question

What's that Lassie? You say that Don Young fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:55:36 -0600:

I haven't followed all of this thread so it may not be pertinent but you can
not tell much of anything about energy usage of loaded and unloaded motors
from the line currents and voltages alone. The power factor varies greatly
with load; I have seen motors with pretty small differences between idling
and full load currents. You need a clamp-on wattmeter or something similar
to get meaningful measurements.

Don Young

Damn. That's what I was afraid of.
--