Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Rural broadband speeds

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:24:13 +0000, Peter Scott
wrote:

Lets take a parallel example - television reception. It is thought
proper that the whole country should get a television signal. Some areas
like hilly and coastal regions couldn't do so without local relays
serving a small number of people. Do we complain about the extra cost?

Many people in rural areas have to club together at their own expense
to build a 'self-help' TV relay station.

Does the relay user pay a higher licence fee? No, we accept the premise
that it is an essential service.

I don't accept that it's essential - I don't have a TV set...

--
Frank Erskine